The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is seeking Committee Members who are interested in a leadership role with a non-profit health foundation. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation needs your help with the Cedar Rapids CF Cycle for Life Event. The ride is scheduled late fall of 2011 and we need lots of volunteers. We are currently planning the route which includes a 20-30 mile ride and a 65+ mile ride.
The committee will help to recruit teams, obtain corporate sponsorships, fundraise, help with event day logistics, and help spread the CF story to find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis.
Time Commitment: April to September/October
- Approximately 4-6 hours per month
- 1 hour meeting 1 time per month
- Individual work via phone & e-mail
Sub-Committees of 3+ volunteers will focus on specific needs of the cycle event which include:
- Sponsorship: Be willing to share personal contacts to local companies and help CF staff obtain event sponsorships.
- Logistics: Set-up rest stops along, event day activities, food/beverages, entertainment, etc.
- Recruitment / Fundraising: Recruit teams and individuals and help with fundraising.
- Marketing: Promotion of the Cycle event through print, TV, radio, billboard, local bike shops/clubs, and other creative media outlets; this would include helping to secure in-kind media sponsors; event promotional items such as brochures, day-of signage, etc.
- Volunteer Recruitment: Help assess the event needs and arrange volunteers for the Cycle event from set-up, during event activities, and clean-up.
If you are interested in helping the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, please contact Mary Allen at 800-FightCF Ext 854 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is the leading organization committed to finding new therapies and ultimately a cure for CF, and to improving the lives of those with the disease. The CFF has received a four star rating according to Charity Navigator based on its efficiency, innovation, and outstanding outcomes for funding research and care.